The strength of the Scottish League of Credit Unions is in supporting focused Credit Unions, at whatever stage of development is deemed appropriate by the members of each Credit Union.
We recognise and respect the different needs and aspirations of individual Credit Unions and we do not seek to impose any particular model or developmental path.
Our core purpose is to help our member Credit Unions become & remain: Compliant → Sustainable → Co-operative
We do this by focusing on the 'Key PIllars' of:
- Education through on-site & group training sessions using ready-made materials or bespoke solutions
- Advice on legislative, regulatory, compliance and financial issues and considerations
- Networking by encouraging formal & informal contact between member Credti Unions, their volunteers and staff
- Facilitation where member Credti Unions wish to co-ordinate or work together to achieve common goals
- Representation to the Regulator, local, Scottish & UK Government, other Credti Union organisations and the media
- Promotion by developing branding & advertising material templates that can be customised by Credti Unions